WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Sessions usually last 1-2 hours with plenty of time for breaks, snack time, and outfit changes. I will spend the first moments getting to know your children and connecting with them on their level.
- I want each session to feel like a playdate because so often children will not be themselves if they feel the pressure to perform. Sometimes a child who has been told they need to smile and be on their best behavior will many times do the opposite come the day of the session, so downplaying the session itself often helps them feel more comfortable.
- A relaxed parent=happy child. Children are very good at sensing the mood of adults around them! So, even if they throw a fit, please do not panic. I almost always manage to get pictures in between those tantrums!
HOW TO PREPARE:
- The most important thing is to make sure everyone is well rested and fed. If your child is sick, please notify me within 24 hours of your session to reschedule.
- Try to feed your child(ren) neutral colored food the day of the session. Foods like carrots, pizza, spaghetti, etc. tend to leave an orange tint to the skin that although may not be visible to our eyes, the camera will pick it up very easily.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Snacks (i.e. cheerios, water, apple juice) for the kids to have when we are taking a short break during our session.
- Outift changes (so we can mix and match items and change their outfits during our session to add a little variety in your images)
- Bug spray! Especially in the late afternoon, these mosquitoes are out. I will have bug spray with me as well, but it is good to go ahead and put some on them before you leave the house if you have some handy.
AFTER THE SESSION:
- A sneak peek will be posted on the blog a few days after your session that you can share with friends/family.
- Approximately 2-3 weeks after your session, you will receive a link to your custom slideshow consisting of about 20-30 proofs that will remain active for 5 days.
- After receiving the slideshow, please contact me to schedule your ordering meeting in my studio. Consider bringing all decision makers to the meeting as your order will be placed at that time. After your ordering meeting, an online ordering gallery can be setup for any out-of-town relatives that wish to place an order as well.